CODE’s vision is to establish the foundation for a web-based, commercially oriented ecosystem for Linked Open Data.
Our use case focuses on research papers as a source for mining facts and their integration into LOD repositories and light-weight ontologies. Hence, we will leverage the wealth of knowledge contained in research publications on a semantic, machine-readable level by creating the Linked Science Data cloud.
Therefore, we will research and develop:
- Crowd-sourcing enabled semantic enrichment & integration techniques for integrating facts contained in unstructured information into the LOD cloud
- Federated, provenance-enabled querying methods for fact discovery in LOD repositories
- Web-based visual analysis interfaces to support human based analysis, integration and organisation of facts
- Socio-economic factors – roles, revenue-models and value chains – realisable in the envisioned ecosystem.
The consortium brings together high-potential partners, providing the resources for our vision:
- Terabytes of research publications
- Millions of light-weight ontologies
- Steadily growing user community in the millions
- Expertise in unstructured information analysis, distributed databases, semantic technologies, visual analytics and economic success factors in web businesses
CODE is a Collaborative Project and is co-financed under the grant agreement number 296150 of the European Commission’s seventh framework programme, Information and Communication Technologies.